Monday, November 21, 2011

World Record Ceremony?

After all of the prep work and setup, we were ready to go. Everyone was lined up and the ceremony was about to begin.

Kevin, and then all of the groomsmen and bridesmaids walked in. Then it was my turn. I remember asking my parents if my hear should be beating this fast. It felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. I'm not sure what I was nervous about? I knew I was marrying the right person and I knew the room look awesome. I think more than anything I was just nervous to have everyone look at me.

I made it down the aisle, gave each of my parents a hug and took my place on the stage under the chuppah. The ceremony proceeded, with Jeff Kogen officiating. We had written out a script, so we knew everything that would be said. It was beautiful, even though I can't remember much of it.

Photo by Daniel Nguyen - It's amazing anyone got a picture of the ceremony since it was sooooo short :-)

We all walked out after the ceremony and into the lounge to sign our marriage license. Now, it was official, we had the ceremony and we signed the license.

It wasn't until we were talking to guests that we realized how short our ceremony was. Estimate of 9 minutes including walking in and out. Sounds perfect. We did video record our ceremony, but I doubt we will ever actually watch it, but at least we have it for the memories.

I can only hope we will live up to our vows and have a harmonious relationship of equality. In addition, I can only hope that we can continue to be as efficient as our ceremony was. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment