Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Kevin and I spent our third thanksgiving living together and our first thanksgiving as husband and wife. Of course, just like usual, we cooked a full thanksgiving meal. Although, one change this year was that we abandoned our excel spreadsheet schedule that said exactly what to do at what time. Abandoning the schedule did result in eating an hour later than usual.....but who cares?

In front of our crazy huge thanksgiving meal :-)

It was a wonderful day cooking together. We make such a great cooking team. We had a huge menu. We roasted two chickens, made sweet potato casserole with marshmallows, whipped potatoes, Mrs. Cubbison's dressing, gravy, crescent rolls, our awesome salad, gluten free cornbread muffins, and last but not least our icebox lemon cheesecake.

With no schedule, I seemed to be much more calm about the whole process. In the end we had an awesome meal and were able to spend a wonderful day together.

Of course we had to have a funny picture :-)

I guess I should be cliche and say what I am thankful for......well, I am thankful for life and everything in it, the good, the bad, the ugly, the sickness and everything else that comes along with it. Where I am in my life right now is AWESOME, and it is everything and everyone in my life that has gotten me here.

Here's to hoping that I continue to appreciate everyday of life and everything that life has to offer me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment