Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Starlight Mint Wreath


With Thanksgiving over, everyone is putting up their holiday decorations. I typically don't do anything mainly because Chanukah is normally over right around Thanksgiving. But this year is different. Chanukah is at the same time as Christmas so I can put up decorations now and leave them up for a long time.

Now, I don't really have any Chanukah decorations and I am not a huge fan of Christmas decorations, but I did find a tutorial to make a starlight mint wreath last year and it caught my eye. I was intrigued by the project and filed it away as a project to do eventually.

This year I got the motivation to actually do the project. Although it may be a little "Christmassy," I justify it since it is made of candy and candy is for everyone, not necessarily just for Christmas.

So after collecting all the materials, of which there weren't many--foam wreath, starlight mints (lots of them!) and hot glue--I assembled the project which only took a couple hours. Most of the time was spent opening up the mints.

The final project - just needs to be coated with something so the bugs don't eat it :-)

It was a great project and it looks beautiful and rather elegant on the front door. I am now inspired to make wreaths with all different candies to see what other cool designs I can make. I might just have to start a candy wreath line....haha.

Here's to hoping I continue on my creative crafting spree and create many other beautiful things :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment