Sunday, November 20, 2011

Getting Fancified :-)

After getting a lot of the decorations setup and falling a bit behind schedule, I finally went into the lounge with my bridesmaids to get ready.

I hadn't really planned much out, like anything. I knew I had to do my hair and makeup, but beyond that I knew nothing. Thankfully my bridesmaids are much more girly than I am. Libby and Shayna became my hairstylists extraordinaire, and Adrienne became my fabulous makeup artist.

I sat in a chair for what felt like hours (even though it was only an hour max). They straightened my hair, teased my hair, curled my hair, super hair sprayed my hair and who knows what else. I couldn't actually see what was happening, but the entire time I kept trying to look up and to the sides to see what was happening (which isn't very effective to see behind you.) I did finally decide to hold my camera above my head and snap a photo. The first one didn't turn out so well, but the second one worked and I finally knew for sure that there were two people working on my hair, rather than ghosts or something.

My wonderful hairstylists/bridesmaids (one of the only pictures I got during getting ready time. Our photographer Margaret took a bunch of amazing pictures of this time :-)

My sister did my makeup while I was getting my hair done, and that was just as complicated because I was not allowed to move my head and now I was being told to close my eyes. Talk about complicated. I wanted to see everything, but had to close my eyes, and couldn't look around because I had to hold my head perfectly still. In the end, it was all worth it. My wonderful bridesmaids made me look so beautiful. They were all so wonderful and helped me out so much.

We somehow got me zipped into my dress, I handed out the AWESOME lego bouquets, too pictures, and then the waiting began. With cocktail hour before the ceremony, I stayed in the lounge so nobody would see my all dressed up. Shayna was sweet enough to stay with me the whole time, and Adrienne brought us some appetizers. This was the longest hour, just waiting, but before I knew it, we were getting lined up for the ceremony.

I can only hope that I don't have to dress up fancy anytime soon. While I know I looked nice, the time and pain are just not worth it. At least, I have lots of pictures showing me all fancified :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment