Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Speeches

After everyone had sat down with their dinner, we commenced speeches.

It began with Adrienne, my maid of honor. She had not been having the best day so far, but her speech definitely came from the heart. Lionel, Kevin's best man, gave a speech about how Kevin is good at every game or sport you play against him at.

My dad then gave a speech about our wedding was just another special moment that he would always remember. Kevin's parents spoke about how proud they were and how they have seen us grow in the years we have been together.

After those speeches, we then opened up the mic to anyone who wanted to say something. All of the bridesmaids and groomsmen spoke, and then to my surprise my uncle spoke. My Uncle Sid is an amazing man, and I was definitely in shock when he stood up. My surprise continued when he spoke. He spoke about how proud he was of me and Kevin. Even though he didn't really know Kevin, what he did know about him made him so happy. My uncle was happy that we were doing what we wanted to do and seemed to be having a great time doing it. I'm not sure there are any words to describe my happiness in having my uncle say these words. To make my uncle proud is something that I had always hoped to do, and it seems like I have succeeded.

In addition to my uncle speaking, he pulled me aside during the dance time and wanted to dance with me. He told me he was not very good at dancing (neither am I) and he then repeated those same words. He was just so happy that we were doing what we wanted. My uncle expressed his joy for us and how he wished he could have done exactly what he wanted.

I know this is not the most well written explanation of what happened, but it doesn't matter. I, personally, will always remember the words and emotions expressed by our family and friends. And in the end, that is all that matters. My memories will outweigh my horrible writing skills.

I can only hope that we will continue to make everyone proud and continue doing what we want and loving life. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment