Sunday, November 13, 2011

Run Forrest Run

After an exciting yet super busy two days, we weren't done yet. The entire bridal party headed out on the walk to Bubba Gump's for our rehearsal dinner, or should I say "night before the wedding dinner" since we did not have a rehearsal.

I had originally been quite scared of the walk after driving to the hotel, there was a gigantic hill and everything seemed further apart than I had imagined. Nevertheless, I decided that I would at least try walking to dinner and maybe find a ride home afterwards. We set out at about 5:40 on the walk that was less than a mile.

The bridesmaids on the walk to Bubba Gump.

It was an easy walk in the end and we made it to the restaurant with no problems. There was already a group of people waiting for us. We let the host know we were there and they proceeded to get everything all set up. We were led in to our dinner. There were a number of round tables and a couple of booths set up for us. It was just the casual atmosphere I had hoped for.

I convinced Kevin to wear the "groom to be" pin.....and also forced him to take a picture wearing it :-)

Everyone wandered around trying to figure out how we would seat ourselves, since I hadn't made a seating plan. In the end it all seemed to work out. We met our waiters and began eating our salads. Once we ordered the entree we wanted, the fun really began. They began the Forrest Gump trivia questions. It was such fun to see what people knew about the movie. I probably should have known all of the answers since I had just watched the movie 6 days earlier, but it was fun either way. There were fun prizes including bracelets, shot glasses, bbq sauce and who knows what else.

After wonderful chatting time, our meals came out. The food was quite delicious, but the garlic bread was by far the BEST thing ever. I could probably live off of that bread if I needed to.

Kevin enjoying the AWESOME garlic bread.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the table next to us were ordering alcoholic beverage, which of course I don't drink, but I found out they came in light up glasses. I decided to order water in a light up glass. It seemed like a good idea, until the cup came to the table. The flashing lights were so bright that I began to get a headache. So I had to sacrifice the awesomeness of the cup and turn the flashing lights off.

Just a few of the tables at the dinner.

During dinner, Annie and Bob made very nice speeches and Annie surprised us with "All is well in the land of Kevin and Lindsey" shirts. It was such a sweet idea and we were glad they were not some crazy shirt with our wedding date on it.

Everyone chatted and enjoyed the time together. A few of us got some fun stuff at the gift shop including myself. I got an apron, and oven mitts which I will need to use any time I cook shrimp from now on. After what could only be described as an AWESOME day and dinner we headed back to the hotel. The walk seemed easier going uphill which makes no sense, but it was a lovely walk.

All of the boys chatting it up after dinner.

Everyone in the bridal party, except Adrienne, came up to our suite and we just hung out and chatted and enjoyed the evening. It felt almost like college when you have no obligations in the world to worry about. We all caught up with each other and told super funny stories. It was such a wonderful way to end the day.

We were able to get to bed around 11 that night so we wouldn't be too tired on our wedding day.

With everything going so well, we had no worries that the wedding would run just as smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment