Sunday, January 9, 2011

I don't want to be normal....

So it's been a few days since I got the lab results, and as luck (sarcasm!) would have it.....everything came back normal. It is times like these I want to be anything other than normal.

I just can't help but think to myself how someone would imagine me if they only saw my lab results and never met me. According to all my lab tests, I'm super healthy and could probably be some sort of incredible athlete. Unfortunately that is not who I am. I am sick every morning and night and feel like I am overheating all of the time. I don't know about you, but this doesn't sound normal. Also note that my doctor does not think this is normal either.....she want's to find out what is wrong as well and get me better.

Anyways, I spent Friday crying and lying on the couch dealing with the results, or should I say lack of results. I'm not sure where I go from here or if I'll ever know what is making me so sick, so for now all I can do is simply treat my sickness as it arises. So I will leave my "puke buckets" in various locations around the house, will have my thermometer ready to check for fever, and will continue to spend a decent amount of time taking tums and sleeping to deal with any sickness that arises.

Here's to hoping that I don't continue being normal. Knowing anything would be better than not knowing. I would rather know I have 6 months to live than sit wondering what is wrong with me and what the consequences may be. Grim I know, but living being sick all of the time can't really be considered living at some point

All I can do now is hope that there is some explanation for the way I feel. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry the test results weren't what you were hoping for! Have you looked into food allergies? It could be something like a Gluten allergy, which is in A LOT of food...

    ReplyDelete