Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Final Goals Update

As the year comes to an end, I am at the final days to progress through my goals. Obviously I cannot write how many I completed because I still have 8 days left to work like a mad woman.

Although, it is apparent that there are some goals I just cannot finish. There is no way that I can ride 491 miles in the next 8 days, so unfortunately my bicycle goal will not be met. But this is exactly why I made goals rather than resolutions. A resolution leads to regret and resent towards yourself if you do not do it whereas goals only leave room for progress and pride in the things you did achieve.

It is looking like I will be able to reach just over half of my goals. Although not ideal (finishing all of them....like that will ever happen), I am nonetheless proud of myself. It has been a tough year with many trips to the emergency room, doctor's appointments and just an overall feeling of being sick. In addition to that I finally reached my wits end at the bakery and had to quit for my own sanity. So even with these changes in my life I tried to remain focused on my goals.

I am proud of myself right now and I will be proud of myself everyday regardless of how many goals I complete. In the end I know I am a good person and nothing can change that.

Here's to hoping that the next 8 days keep me busy with my goals list, and come January 1st I will be able to start all over with a new goal sheet. How wonderful it is to have a focus throughout the year. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment