Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fall Semester is Over :-(

This semester of school has officially been the most enjoyable. I have never been so sad when school ended ever.

Let's recap the past few months:
August 30 I headed to West Valley College for my first day of classes in court reporting. I was quite nervous since I did not know if I would enjoy it or not. I was concerned that I would hate it and then have no idea what I would do with my life.

Class started at 11am and there were about 30 of us sitting in a room not really sure about what was going to happen. Our teacher explained to us how a steno keyboard is laid out and then we went into the computer lab to start doing the theory lessons. I could not have imagined how much I was going to enjoy it. I ended up working on lessons and drills for about 3 hours. I was just having so much fun.

The semester continued on and by the middle of October I had finished almost all of the 40 lessons for the theory class. I began testing ahead because the pace of the class was just too slow. I ended up completed all of the tests for Theory I and Theory II on the last day of classes.

In addition, towards the end of the quarter I began sitting in on the first speed building class which is 80 wpm. To my surprise I actually passed two of the three tests for the class (Literary and Q & A). Once I pass the jury charge test I will be moving onto 100 wpm. Although it all seems a little scary, I look forward to improving and learning much more as I continue through the court reporting program.

So now that my first semester of court reporting is over I am quite sad. I enjoyed my days sitting in a room practicing on my steno machine for hours. Thankfully I return to school on January 4th.

Here's to hoping that I continue to love court reporting and that we all continue to find our passion in life :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment