Friday, December 17, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well I am a little behind on posting....but better late than never.

So, as I wrote before, Kevin and I celebrated our thanksgiving together the Saturday before because we were not going to be together on thanksgiving. It was an eventful meal for us. It was an adjustment learning to work in a new kitchen and use a gas oven and stove, but in the end we did have a delicious thanksgiving meal.

Kevin and I with our awesome meal; Saturday before thanksgiving :-)

On Thanksgiving day while Kevin's family drove up to northern California I was on a plane headed to southern California. I landed around 11am and was able to enjoy thanksgiving with my family and family friends for the first time in 6 years. It was great seeing everybody. Promptly after our early dinner Adrienne and I headed up to Port Hueneme to go to Rendezvous. We helped out with setup on Thursday night and settled in to get some rest before an eventful weekend. I was head judge of knots for competition on Saturday and Sunday. Overall it was wonderful to be able to go to Rendezvous, but it was also strange to see how much has changed in the 7 years since I competed. There were far less competitors and the field events were empty for hours. I guess the economy has impacted everything including scouting.

I was clearly excited to be done with judging :-)

In the end it was great to be able to see everyone that I hadn't seen in years and it was fun to reminisce about my years in scouting, but I forgot how tiring sea scout competitions could be. I was dead tired by Sunday morning and with a late flight on Sunday, needless to say it was quite difficult to go to the school the next day.

Although a non-traditional way to spend thanksgiving, it was nice to change up the routine Kevin and I had had for the past few years.

Here's to hoping that next thanksgiving is just as fun :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment