Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One Month Down....

So I have been officially unemployed for just over a month now. I have finally reached the point where I don't think about the bakery and what I would be doing if I was there at each hour of the day. I have finally adjusted to being able to do whatever I want, finish my "To Do List", and work on new hobbies.

Although I have adjusted it hasn't been easy. It is difficult to feel that not working is acceptable. I still have moments of panic where I feel like nothing is going to work out, I won't get into school, I'll never find a job, and that life will just fall apart. Normally at that point I go and find Kevin and he reminds me that everything will be okay.

I'm still not sure what my plans are come September. I have registered for the court reporting class at the community college and I have to see if I can get into any math classes at San Jose State. Not sure what will happen which is a little nerve wracking, but it is comforting to know that I do have the court reporting class guaranteed, assuming I can't get in to any math classes. It is all so complicated, except thankfully SJSU classes start the week before West Valley so I will know if I am able to attend the court reporting class in the end.

At this point I must keep reminding myself that there is no point in worrying about something you can't control. I don't know if the math classes will fill up, I don't know if I'll get my master's degree, I just don't know what is going to happen, but in the end everything will be okay because Kevin and I will go through it together.

Here's to hoping that whatever does happen come September makes me immensely happy and leads me down the most awesomely fun road on my journey through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment