Friday, July 2, 2010

FUNemployment

Well it has been about 3 1/2 weeks since I stopped working. The first week didn't feel different because I was busy traveling and hanging out with friends. It has finally start to hit me that I am unemployed and can do anything I want to. It is a bit overwhelming at times. So many projects to do, but where to start.

Yes, only I could be overwhelmed by having too many FUN projects to do. I'm working on finding more recipes to cook and bake, working on stained glass projects, and trying to get rid of stuff. All things I love, but with so much time to do them, I don't know where to start. I have more than 12 stained glass projects going, more than 200 new recipes and boxes of stuff I have collected over the years.

Other than being overwhelmed by fun things to do, I have dealt with being sick again. About a week ago I ended up back in the emergency room with the same stomach pain I had in January. It was the worst experience I had ever had at a hospital. The doctor was awful. She tried to discharge me twice without actually getting rid of the pain I came in with. Thankfully my two nurses were looking out for me and wanted me to feel better. Anyways, I still have to file my formal complaint against the doctor for her inability to actually treat me for my pain. In the end I did get morphine and the pain disappeared.

Me in the E.R.. I look excited because it was just after I receive the morphine, so no pain. I'm also pointing at my IV that says Baxter. Thanks Adrienne, your company makes the best things in the world. :-)

After a few day I was back to normal. Yesterday I saw my personal doctor and learned that I had gallstones that are all gone now, so my gallbladder is completely empty and normal. Hopefully it stays that way and I don't end up in the hospital again. I did learn that I also have kidney stones, yay. Random finding when doing the ultrasound in the E.R.. Thankfully the kidney stones shouldn't affect me at all. This is all just proof that I am my parents daughter; kidney stones from my father and gallstones from my mother. I love them more and more for all of the wonderful traits they have passed on to me.

Other than that, my few weeks of time off have been wonderful. Lots of relaxing and enjoying life. I'm looking forward to the next couple months: Kerri's wedding, visiting Shayna in Texas, visiting my family in L.A., and visiting Kevin's family in Mammoth. Should be an exciting time before I attempt to return to school.

With school, I have to wait for the first day of classes to try and crash classes. If I can't get into any of the necessary classes, it will delay my application to the master's program. I will cross that bridge when it comes because there is no need to worry about it now. No need worrying over things I can't change, I'm slowly learning this and putting it into practice.

Here's to hoping that this summer will be amazingly fun and that the rest of my life will be even more fun. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment