Saturday, June 26, 2010

Farewell Sweet Treats

So as most of my friends and family know, June 9th was my last day working at the bakery. For many reasons the work environment was no longer good and healthy for me. I made the decision to leave and go back to school and pursue a Masters degree in mathematics.

Me on my last Sunday - bittersweet

Sunday May 30 was the last Sunday I worked. Sunday's were my favorite day of the week. It was a calm relaxed day where everyone worked together as a team. In order to thank my fabulous Sunday group I decided to provide breakfast and snacks.

Breakfast and snack treats for my wonderful Sunday group :-)

It was a fun day with many of my friends and their families stopping by to see me off. I spent my lunch chatting with Kerri, Mira, Suzannah, Rachel, Warren and baby Aerik. After lunch Marissa and Megan from college stopped by. It was such an enjoyable day and if every day at work had been that enjoyable I probably would not have quit.

Regardless of how I felt at times during the day, I knew that leaving was the best thing for me. My last day of work did not feel any different than every day I worked. I continued to help customers, answer phones and do any work that needed to be done. I left the bakery with the same work ethic as when I started.

I did end my time at the bakery by giving hugs to my fellow employees, even some that I did not get along with so well. Lynn bought me flowers that were waiting for me when I clocked out. I left feeling complete. I was not sad or anything like that, I was simply content that I was making the right decision and moving on with my life.

The day at work was followed by dinner with Kerri, Rachel, Maggie, Suzie and their significant others. It was a treat to celebrate my last day with the people that made my work experience so wonderful.

Buca di Beppo with all of my favorite IOTC countergirls

As cliche as it may be, I am now onto another chapter in my life. I learned a lot from working at the bakery and I am now ready to move on to bigger and better things. I cannot guarantee that going back to school will go exactly as I planned. Let's be honest, it probably will not go as planned, but I am excited to see where life takes me.

Here's to hoping that everything works out and that my scenic route through life takes me through some beautiful places and on fun adventures. I am so excited for the future :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment