Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kevin akan berada di Malaysia untuk setidaknya tiga minggu

For those who don't know what the title says, it is Malay for "Kevin will be in Malaysia for at least 3 weeks." Yes, Kevin left last night to go to the western digital factories in Malaysia for at least 3 weeks. He is super excited because it is a rite of passage to go and I am excited because I think he will thoroughly enjoy this time. Despite all of the excitement there is still the sadness that we will be apart for so long.

He left late Friday night for the airport and when he got in his stretch limo (yeah he travels fancy style) I cried like a baby. I cried for probably about an hour because I already missed him. I had trouble sleeping but hopefully I don't cry or break down again.

Kevin going to Malaysia has quite an impact on my daily life because he is my ride to and from work. I can still get to work during the week by taking the bus. I took the bus when I first started at the bakery so it is just like old times. The only complicated day of the week is Sunday since I have to be at work at 7 am. The buses do not run this early which complicates things a bit. Kevin and I have ridden our bikes from home to Los Gatos but with the impending pouring rain I don't really want to ride my bike at 5:30 in the morning. The only other real option to get to work would be to take a taxi. This is feasible, slightly expensive but would get me to work on time.

Me being the paranoid person I am cannot wait until the day necessary to try something new. So today I had a taxi scheduled to pick me up and take me to Los Gatos. This trip answered many questions such as would the reservation insure that the taxi would arrive on time? Simple answer is yes, in fact my taxi was about 10 minutes early. Secondly I was able to determine how much the ride will cost so that I will be prepared. After taking the taxi to downtown Los Gatos I waited at the bus stop and proceeded to take the bus right back to Campbell. A bit of a waste of time to most people, but a stress reliever for me.

I made it home, reserved my taxi for tomorrow morning and now it is simply time to relax. I feel relatively prepared for the time without Kevin. Although I may be lonely, I know that I will be able to get to and from work which relieves almost all of my stress.

Here's to hoping for an enjoyable few weeks without Kevin and that I find many fun things to fill my days :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment