Friday, August 5, 2011

Kevin's New Favorite Thing

After quite a few weeks of Kevin asking for a barbecue and me saying, "maybe next year," I finally gave in.

We had been discussing the idea for quite a few weeks and I was worried I would end up having to clean it all of the time and it would just become another nuisance for me to deal with. One weekend we ended up going over to a friends house for a barbecue and we remembered how delicious barbecue food was and how there was no easy way to replicate the flavors without an actual barbecue.

Kevin and me with our beautiful new BBQ

A few days later, I think, Kevin headed out to Lowe's to purchase a barbecue that we had been looking at. He picked out some grilling tools that he liked as well. He headed home with a gigantic box in the back of the car and we then assembled the barbecue.

It fit perfectly on our patio and has since become a great addition to our home. We have enjoyed barbecue food quite often and even had a 4th of July BBQ with friends.

I must admit that Kevin was right and getting a barbecue was a great idea. He is a pretty smart guy and I am thankful that I gave in, or I would be missing out on so much delicious food.

About to enjoy our first barbecued meal :-)

Here's to hoping we continue to cook awesome food on the grill and that Kevin continues to clean it. A few nights without having to clean dishes from dinner is a welcome reprieve. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment