Monday, August 23, 2010

2nd Leg of Triathlon Vacation - Los Angeles

Adrienne and I successful made it from Dallas to Los Angeles, arriving at 11:45pm. We were so glad that we didn't have to spend the night in an airport. We made it home and promptly fell asleep. I got to sleep on the couch in the family room because my room has been turned into a storage unit, so it would a hop, skip and a jump to get onto the bed and probably result in a broken leg.

After a wonderful nights sleep, I spent the week relaxing with my dad. We had planned to do some work around the house but ended up taking advantage of the vacation idea and just relaxed.

Tuesday we headed out to Palmdale to be there for the home inspection of the house Adrienne is purchasing. The house is GIGANTIC. We drove around Palmdale a little and after the home inspection we made a quick trip to Ikea followed by a delicious lunch at Islands. Overall a fun and delicious day.

Wednesday night we did have Candy, Rich and Julie over for dinner. We cooked up Tony Roma ribs and chicken and a few other BBQ treats. I, of course, baked cookies. It was a nice evening to catch up with them since I had not seen them in about 10 months.

The Museum had a beautiful building.....simple yet elegant

Thursday arrived quickly and it was the day for our tour at the Nethercutt Museum in Sylmar. My dad and I headed over to Calabasas to pick up Candy and we then headed to the Van Nuys airport. Uncle Sid had flown his plane from San Diego up for the day to spend time with us. We then headed over to the museum where we met up with Tom and Deb.

I loved the paint job on this car :-)

This was my favorite car at the museum.....if only I had about $12 million dollars :-)

The tour was amazing. The cars were beautifully restored, but my favorite part was the music room with the orchestrians. It was so wonderful to sit and relax and listen to the beautiful music. We followed up the wonderful trip to the museum with lunch at Tally Rand in Burbank. We all enjoyed the delicious food and ended watching a car chase on the TV at the restaurant.
After a wonderful day, we dropped Uncle Sid off at the airport and headed home. It was a wonderful day and it was great to see everybody.

Uncle Sid headed back to his plane

Friday was yet another relaxing day. I was left home alone since my dad had to go into work. I ended up spending the morning sorting and completing an inventory of all of Adrienne's Mary Kay products, and then just lounged around. I did bake more chocolate chip cookies since Rob and Deena were coming over for dessert.

Inventory of Mary Kay products....it's amazing I didn't drown in make-up

After a relaxing week, it was finally Saturday. My last day in Los Angeles was spent having a "makeover" by my sister where she showed me all of her Mary Kay products and took some pictures to use with other clients. I packed up all of my clothes and headed off to the airport that evening. My flight was delayed about 45 minutes, but thankfully it wasn't full. I made it back home to Campbell about 10pm that night and slept for a few hours before headed off to Mammoth the next morning.

The second leg of my vacation was definitely relaxing and as usual it was great to spend time with my dad. Here's to hoping that everyone is able to spend time with there family and thoroughly enjoy every moment. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment